segunda-feira, outubro 22, 2007
"Receitas das tortas do filme "Garçonete" ("Waitress"),
último trabalho da cineasta nova-iorquina Adrienne Shelly,
tomaram a internet. Sites e blogs publicaram as dicas de Jenna,
interpretada por Kery Russell, uma jovem garçonete cuja vida é
atormentada pela idéia de ter um filho do marido não amado.
As tortas inventadas por Jenna têm nomes criativos como
"Não quero ter um filho de Earl" ou "Não posso ter uma relação
porque é errado" e ainda "Miserável fracassada grávida que se
autocompadece"." Fonte: Folha
As receitas :)
I can't have no affair because it's wrong pie
200g digestive biscuits, crushed
125g demerara sugar
125g butter, melted
2 large eggs
200g caster sugar
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
500ml milk, scalded
1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 banana (optional)
3 egg whites
1. In a medium bowl, mix the digestive biscuits, brown sugar and
melted butter together until well blended. Press the crumb mixture
into a 23cm (6 cm deep) loose-based tin. Preheat the oven to 220°C/
gas mark 7.
2. In a large bowl, lightly beat the eggs. Mix in 75g of the caster sugar
and the salt. Slowly stir in the hot, scalded milk and the vanilla extract.
Strain the mixture into the pie crust and sprinkle the cinnamon on top.
3. Bake on the lower shelf of the pre-heated oven for 25 to 30 minutes
or until the custard is firm.
4. In a large glass mixing bowl, whisk the egg whites until stiff but not dry.
Gradually beat in the remaining caster sugar, whisking well between each
addition until very stiff and shiny.
5. Scatter the banana over the custard (if using.) Spread the meringue
on top of the pie, return to the oven and cook until the meringue is
slightly brown. Cool for at least 15 minutes before cutting.
Pregnant miserable self-pitying loser pie
1 packet (450g) shortcrust pastry
190g caster sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon cornflour
3 eggs, beaten
170g demerara sugar
280ml glucose syrup
170ml double cream
6 tablespoons butter, melted
125g uncooked rolled oats
100g finely chopped fruitcake
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 tbsp brandy
1. Line a 25cm loose-based tin with approximately two
thirds of the shortcrust pastry. Reserve the trimmings.
Chill the pastry case in the fridge until ready to use.
2. Heat the blueberries, 40g of the caster sugar and the lemon
juice in a saucepan until the juices begin to run from the fruit.
Mix the cornflour with the water, then stir a little of the hot juices
from the pan into the cornflour mixture. Stir this mixture back into
the pan and continue stirring until thickened. Set aside to cool.
3. Pre-heat the oven to 180C/ Gas Mark 4.
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs, demerara sugar,
remaining caster sugar, glucose syrup, cream, butter, oats, fruitcake
and vanilla extract. Mix well and stir in the blueberry mixture.
Pour into the prepared pastry case.
5. Roll out the remaining pastry and cut into long strips about 2cm wide.
Create a lattice on top of the blueberry filling, by laying out the strips
of pastry at 2 cm intervals across the pie, turning the pie 90 degrees
and adding a second row of pastry strips to form a criss-cross pattern.
6. Bake in the pre-heated oven for 45 minutes or until browned and set.
7. Pour the brandy onto the hot pie and set fire to it carefully with
a match. Allow the alcohol to burn off and serve.
Falling in love chocolate mousse pie
1 x 20cm cooked sweet pastry case
1 (400g) can condensed milk
150g caster sugar
30g plain chocolate
570 ml double cream, stiffly whipped, plus extra for decoration
1. In large saucepan, combine the condensed milk, water,
caster sugar, cocoa and cornflour, whisking until smooth.
2. Over a medium heat, add the chocolate and stir continuously
until it melts and the mixture thickens. Remove from the heat
and beat until smooth. Leave to cool and refrigerate for 15 minutes
before folding in the double cream.
3. Pour the mixture into prepared pastry case and chill for 4 hours
or until set. Decorate with whipped cream and serve.
É o que mais tenho em casa: Food Movie. Aí embaixo, Keith Jarret, trilha do
Bella Martha, que aquela moça que é casada com o Michael Douglas refilmou
como No Reservations esse ano, mas pôxa, nem se compara, chega a ser embaraçoso.
Bom dia :)