domingo, abril 17, 2005



Good times and bum times,/ I've seen them all and, my dear,
I'm still here./ Plush velvet sometimes,/ Sometimes just pretzels and beer,
But I'm here/ .I've stuffed the dailies In my shoes./ Strummed ukuleles,
Sung the blues,/ Seen all my dreams disappear,/ But I'm here.
I've slept in shanties,/ Guest of the W.P.A.,/ But I'm here.
Danced in my scanties,/ Three bucks a night was the pay,/ But I'm here.
I've stood on bread lines/ With the best,/ Watched while the headlines
Did the rest.In the Depression was I depressed?/ Nowhere near.
I met a big financier/ And I'm here
I've been through Gandhi,Windsor and Wally's affair,/ And I'm here.
Amos 'n' Andy,/ Mah-jongg and platinum hair,/ And I'm here.
I got through Abie'sIrish Rose,/ Five Dionne babies,
Major Bowes,/ Had heebie-jeebiesFor Beebe's
Bathysphere./ I lived through Brenda Frazier
And I'm here./ I've gotten through Herbert and J. Edgar Hoover,
Gee, that was fun and a half./ When you've been through Herbert and J. Edgar Hoover,
Anything else is a laugh./ I've been through Reno./ I've been through Beverly Hills,
And I'm here./ Reefers and vino,/ Rest cures, religion and pills,
And I'm here/ Been called a pinko/ Commie tool,/ Got through it stinko
By my pool./ I should have gone to an acting school./ That seems clear,
Still, someone said, 'She's sincere,'/ So I'm here.
Black sable one day./ Next day it goes into hock,/ But I'm here.
Top billing Monday,/ Tuesday you're touring in stock,/ But I'm here.
First you're another/ Sloe-eyed vamp,/ Then someone's mother,
Then you're camp./ Then you career from career/ To career.
I'm almost through my memoirs./ And I'm here.
I've gotten through /'Hey, lady, aren't you whoozis?
Wow! What a looker you were.'
Or, better yet, 'Sorry, I thought you were whoozis.
Whatever happened to her?'/ Good times and bum times,
I've seen 'em all and, my dear,/ I'm still here.
Flush velvet sometimes,/ Sometimes just pretzels and beer,
But I'm here./ I've run the gamut. / A to Z.
Three cheers and dammit,/ C'est la vie. got through all of last year
And I'm here./ Lord knows, at least I was there,
And I'm here!/ Look who's here!
I'm still here!

De Follies
Quem quiser ouvir a versão, de bastidores, de Julie Wilson,
me diz; eu tenho e mando por mail :)

Nenhum comentário: